Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mother's Day let down



Today is Mother's Day so I went to spend it with mom and of course she blessed us with, yet another, mom moment. When I got there, she casually pulled out this scratch off that she got in 7-Eleven. Being the conspiracy theorist that she is, she explained that she only bought the scratch off because the 7-Eleven was a new store and because since she doesn't live in the ghetto, she was sure she'd win. *blank stare*

So she pulls this scratch off out and shows me that she won $100 because she scratched off 7 words.




After counting the words, I told her that she actually scratched off 10 words, meaning she won $5000!! After me and my sister fought over who's the favorite child, why we deserve a cut of the money, ass kissing, and double checking the dictionary, I decided to read the rules. She did, indeed, follow the rules BUT she scratched off letters that were not hers.



The yellow arrows point to 2 random letters not included in the 2 rows of 9 letters. She thought those were her letters. Needless to say, we were all very disappointed.

*sigh* only my mom...

3 comments:

Antón said...

That reminds me of the time my mom swore up and down she won something on McDonalds Monopoly game because she had "two green pieces". I was like... "take a deep breath, 1. are you sure you only need TWO pieces? 2. are you SURE those aren't the same piece?

Needless to say, after a 5 minute interview, I discovered she had in fact identical pieces (No. 117). She still needed No. 118.

adina. said...

lol, my mom loves that shit.

IrvDaRealDeal said...

See it is your fault for hyping up the whole thing to 5000, if you would have just left well enough alone we I mean yall would have had 100 big ones!