Friday, May 1, 2009

Tattoos are COOL!



I really love tattoos, like A LOT! I've had a fascination with them since forever, and as a kid, I would imagine all the tattoos I wanted to cover my body with. Of course I have to be more realistic now that I'm an adult. My superiors at work Old people (in general) already frown upon the 3 tattoos that I have. If it was up to me, my body would be covered in tattoos with everything from random animals to quotes in German to tatted tracings of squiggly lines drawn on my body by my friends. I don't understand why I'm obsessed with them. I can't justify it, so I won't try.

Lately, I've seen some pretty awesome tattoos. I was posting them on twitter, but then I remembered that I had a blog to share them with you all....yep, all 4 of you who read my blog. Some of these tattoos are random, sad, funny, creative, or whatever descriptive word you'd like to use. They all have one thing in common: they got my attention. If I've posted a pic of your tattoo, your art, or your cousin's baby mama's neighbor's ex husband's co-worker's son's classmate's step father's mistress's hair colorists' niece's tattoo, I'm sorry. That's what happens when you put photos of yourself on the internets. I will, however, give you props in my blog or tell the story about why you have a staple remover tattooed on your calf muscle. K? thanks!

My brother has some kick ass tattoos! He's just all around awesome and will pretty much get anything tatted on him. His latest, done by his boy JD (if you're ever in the Dallas area), is from one of everyone's favorite childhood books Where the Wild Things Are:



My absolute favorite tattoo that he has is a self portrait from when he was about 4 years old:





and, of course, the classic Bettie Page:



**UPDATE**

My tattoos are actually quite lame compared to some other tattoos I've seen...
(like this)



but here it goes...

First tattoo: this is on my ankle. I got this when I was 18. without getting too technical, it means positive energy. it hurt the most because I have no meat on my ankles.



#2: this one gets a lot of attention and any salsero/a who sees it doesn't really need an explanation. I love salsa and the queen of salsa is Celia Cruz. her catch phrase was "azucar" which means sugar in Spanish. one day she was ordering coffee and the waiter asked if she wanted sugar in her coffee. that's the stupidest question anyone could ever ask. the bizarrity of the question prompted Celia to tell her fans the story of the waiter who asked if she wanted sugar in her coffee right before her performances. After awhile, she dropped the story and just simply shouted "AZUCAR" before/during her performances. After she died, I got this tattoo. The music notes were supposed to be an arm band, but the tattoo artist didn't recommend it.



3rd tattoo: I got this one in Miami. I had no plans to get a tattoo while I was there. I met Marc Anthony for the first time, fainted, and upon waking up, I handed him a sharpie and told him to draw a heart on my arm. I just had the tattoo artist trace it. His signature heart is very odd looking so I love it.
(I got into a fight with my curling iron and got burned 2 weeks ago so disregard the scar)

10 comments:

Antón said...

I dont like tatoos because I associate it with commitment.

Marc's heart looks like a confused semen.

Frankie Nichelle said...

funny, tattoos are the only thing I've been able to commit to.

Guest said...

I like ur bros tattoo of when he was 4 years haha! spot on!

IrvDaRealDeal said...

Very good, I love the fact that you can explain your reasoning for all of your tats!

Anonymous said...

I want not approve on it. I over warm-hearted post. Specially the title-deed attracted me to review the unscathed story.

Frankie Nichelle said...

word.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I agree but I think the list inform should secure more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Well I acquiesce in but I think the collection should secure more info then it has.

Reggie said...

My canvass is bare.