Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Day in the Life of Frankie Nichelle



The other day I was checking my bank account and realized that my rent had not been taken out of my account, but there was a big fat $35 charge there. I called the bank and apparently my check had bounced. More than enough money was in my account, so I had no idea why it bounced. My bank had no idea why the check bounced either so they refunded the $35 fee. Refunding an invalid charge is all fine and dandy, but how am I supposed to explain this to my rental office?????????????? Long story short, I was told that I needed to pay my rent, an $18 court filing fee and 5% of my rent for being late......even though it wasn't my fault and I've never been late with my rent before. On top of that, they wouldn't accept a check so I needed to go into my bank, withdraw money, get a money order and then go BACK to the rental office. Did I mention that my rental office and banks are ONLY open during the hours I'm at work???????????

I got the bright idea to handle this (and my hair appointment) yesterday. I took half a day off from work and traveled to the bank in the fucking ice rain. As soon as I stepped into the building, the security guard reminded me that banks were closed because of Veteran's day. WHAT THE FUCK WAS I THINKING?!?!





On the way to my hair appointment, I stopped at FOUR different hair stores to find my preferred weave. EV-E-RY store I went to was sold out or didn't carry it. These FOUR stores were in addition to the two stores I checked on Tuesday!



I called my sis/hair stylist (who is EXTREMELY hard to book since she works 22 hours a day, 7 days a week) to ask her about another type of weave and she started venting to me about her problems that I didn't really care about and asked if I could come on another day. Meanwhile, I'm wearing my natural (EXTREMELY HARD TO MANAGE) hair. I'm not ashamed to admit I wear weave..especially since my hair is longer than anyone whose ever criticized my weave. I just REALLY hate my natural hair. It's long, thick, 3 shades of brown, black, blond and green...yes GREEN (don't ask)! This chick has me walking around looking like a troll doll!!! Fortunately, I can just brush it into a bun so nobody sees the odd colors, but this shit is NOT cute!




I went home after my unsuccessful weave search and got on AIM. The minute I signed in, I got this message:

Batman: something came up. so can we meet at an earlier time on Saturday?
Me: it's not a big deal. we can go out some other day =)

Now, I was virtually smiling and being polite, but in my mind, I was doing this....



I was thinking, DUDE WE PLANNED THIS DATE TWO [EXPLETIVE] WEEKS AGO AND YOU'RE FLAKING ON ME AFTER I TOLD YOU APPROXIMATELY 573 TIMES THAT I HATE WHEN PEOPLE FLAKE ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

As much as I'd like to throw him under the bus in this blog, he's a perfect gentleman and even offered to keep our date when I went into semi-tantrum mode. That only made it worse because you can't talk shit about/be mad at a person who when they're being nice.

I was feeling salty so I took a nap.



In the middle of my nap, I woke up thinking I was late for work. There's a skylight above my bed. When I go to sleep, it's dark. When I wake up for work, it's dark. If it's ever light and I'm in bed on a weekday, that means I'm late for work. I immediately jumped up thinking I was late for work and fell out of bed trying to scramble to get ready. I grabbed my towel and ran to the bathroom...stripped naked...turned on the shower water and then realized I was only napping. I looked at my phone. The time read 4:12pm. I felt like a fucking idiot. I was so tired that I went back to sleep...without even putting my clothes back on.


/end rant.

7 comments:

NightFall914 said...

......damn :/

khaki said...

OK so yea, im glad im not you. LOL

you shouldave went to Greenmount... im sure those hood spots wouldve had your hair.

☆Reese✮ said...

I just want to pass you a drank and help you kick various asses!

Goddess Intellect said...

I can't believe I am just NOW visiting your blog...you are hilarious..I'm coming back!
I mean what happened to you is NOT hilarious..but the way you story tell is.
Re: dude...fuk him
TGIF...hope you have a better weekend and treat yourself to something, you deserve it :)

Frankie Nichelle said...

@Nightfall - mmm hmmm

@Khaki - LMAO when I read the email alert with your response telling me to go to Greenmount, I was literally crossing Greenmount and 33rd after leaving that hair store buying my weave HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! That's my regular spot, but the dude was out of stock the first time I went there, so I got it last night.

@Reese - lol ass kicking 1st, drank later.

@Goddess Intellect - lol thanks soooo much! I don't know how to follow wordpress blogs, but I'll def save yours and drop by.
I try to make bad situations sound funny to make myself feel better lol
re: dude...he's way too gorgeous to brush off, but he's def on date probation.

Ms. Nikks said...

I agree with Goddess, I see your comments on Nightfall's all the time, I have my slow moments when it doesn't occur to me to click on somebody's name. Glad I did. She's right you are very funny in the way you write. Love it! I'mma blog roll u if that's okay?!

Frankie Nichelle said...

@Ms.Nikks - AAWWWW!! thanks hun!! I'll be sure to check your blog also! I'll add you to my blog roll.